Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back From the Dead

Last Sunday, June 14, I ran my first TRI race in over two years. I decided to join a mini-sprint so I can ease back into Triathlon with the least amount of stress possible.

I'd have to say I was so surprised with the amount of people who joined. Two years back, there was only a handful of participants. Now ang saya talaga. Saw a lot of old friends and training partners. I was also pleasantly surprised to see old friends who are first timers in the sport.

I had a blast and was really happy with my splits. SWIM 7:41; BIKE 31:47; RUN 17:20 for a total time of 56:48 minutes. I could have done much better though in my transitions. I was over 4 mins in my first and almost 2 mins in the second. But ok na din. Pwede pa pala. Forgot how much fun it is.



High point was my performance in my swim. I guess TI paid off and I had a more relaxed swim in spite of all the kicks received in the crowded pool.

Now, I think I just have to put a structure back in my training so I can be better prepared. For now I'm just happy to be back. Another step forward. :)

The recreational triathlete is back from retirement.

Photos with training partners Jun, Jaymie(2nd Place Womens), and Miguel...and nephew Juan (2nd Place Kids)



All pictures courtesy of my lovely wife, Mayi. Yes! Lovely! Thanks Mayi!!!

2 comments:

GeorgeBodegonMD said...

Awesome return of the Comeback! Hehe! Congrats Mike! Sprint distance ka na sa susunod ha? :)

TRY-Athlete said...

Hahaha. Thanks. Maghahanda muna ako ng mabuti. Kita kita sa pool or on the road. Ingat