Thursday, April 10, 2008

All Clear

Like a good soldier and patient, I went to see George again for a check up last week, April 3, 2008. We agreed last Feb 28, that I should go back after a month so he can check my progress once more.

Finally, after months of rehab, George gave me my clearance, ahead of schedule. YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! This means I can do anything I want including badminton.
It felt great! I was like last day of class….GRADUATION at last.

George reminded me though to continue my weight/strength training in the gym. He noticed that I was slacking with that part of my therapy and he was correct. I was going once a week instead of the recommended three times a week. It showed and honestly, I felt it too. My legs and knees would feel weak during more intense workouts and I would feel occasional pain and strain in my quads, hamstrings and knee. So I promised myself to be more disciplined and diligent on this aspect. I don’t want to be stupid and regret the consequences of my negligence and laziness. NO MORE DELAYS!!!

No comments: