Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Hard Truth

From my training sessions, I know my stride and technique has greatly improved but I also went face to face with some hard realities that I now know I have to deal with and work on.

Reality # 1. My stamina is shut and I’m a long, long, loooooooooooooong way from my fitness level before my injury.

Reality # 2. There is no short cut for building stamina. I knew this before, and I’m being reintroduced to it again. Shit!!!

Reality # 3. My goals should be refocused (in other words realistic. Hahahaha)
If I dare run races, I should not expect to clock in a good time.

Reality # 4. There is no escaping strength training. I know I’ll never get back if I keep putting off my weight training.

Reality # 5. No more excuses. I’m not injured anymore. I can train as hard as I need to train. It’s all up to me!!! Yikes

And last and maybe most important of all.

Reality # 6. I will have to do all of the above handicapped with the obvious reality that I will not give up my social life. To be more specific,...drinking and late night gimmicks with family and friends. Oh well, life goes on and the struggle continues.

No comments: