Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here Goes

I've been running (and spinning) pain-free for the past two and a half weeks. Actually, I still experience stiffness from time to time but it's quickly solved after a good stretch. As far as I'm concerned, stiffness I can handle.

Now that I'm ok (or at least I think I'm ok), I believe it's time to get back to more serious training. Last week, I started training sessions again with my running coach, Joar. Last week was a fairly light session. Good workout, nothing fancy, still no pain. I believe though that today will be much different. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Going through a rigorous session with Joar and coming out of it pain-free will be such a milestone.

In addition, on Friday, I start my TI swim training with friends Joel Gironella, Miguel and Jaymie Pizarro under coach Nonoy Basa. I'm mixed feelings. I'm excited and anxious at the same time. Don't know how I'll do. I was never a strong swimmer and always struggled with it the most on Tri events. But I'm desperate. I need to be taught how to swim more efficiently and hopefully enjoy my it more. So let's see.

I'm glad though that I'm doing these things. I see it as progress and I like that. I go by what my friend Javy Olives (Tri'n Hard) told me, "jump in head first...bahala na". So I'm taking your advice Javy. Here goes...hopefully something. Hahahaha

4 comments:

JavyO said...

Naku!

No guts no glory diba?

No retreat, No surrender! Iron Eagle!

Train safe bro! Good Luck!

GeorgeBodegonMD said...

Hi Jamike, correct me but I thought it was you swimming this morning (May 13, 2009) at the ACC doing the TI motions...I recognized you from your blog picture. I was swimming on the other lane with the white swimcap.

Good luck with the TI practice! Its a good foundation for the swim leg.

TRY-Athlete said...

Hahaha. Will do Javy!!! You too. Train safe!!!

Hey George. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yup, that was me. Were you the one who came from a run? I noticed from your blog pic that you're part of Yellow Cab team. Tonico and BJ are good friends. Thanks again and hope to bump into you during a run, a bike, or a swim. I'll add your blog in my roll.

GeorgeBodegonMD said...

Yeah! Just did part I of a brick..run then swim a bit.

Yeah, BJ actually came back from the Tour of Friendship in Thailand representing the YC team.

Nice to meet you Mike! Hope we all get faster with all the swim practice we're doing! Hehehe! Thanks for adding me in your blog list.