Friday, November 16, 2007

4th week (11th session) Nov 16, 2007 – Rollercoaster knee

Yesterday, Nov 16, was my second to the last session, GOD and Dr. George permitting. What I actually mean is, per my schedule, I’m supposed to complete a 4-week or 12 session cycle then George will examine me and hopefully allow me to start gym workouts with new programs. This for now is my latest milestone or my “major” short-term goal.

So, together with my therapists, I tried to max out all the drills. And, true to form I did everything they asked and gave every exercise 110% effort. I’m almost at full range with my knee bends/slides. I’m so ready for my last session and ready to complete all the drills to the max. Hahaha, it’s like I’m trying to prepare myself for a race.

Today though, I woke up with my knee feeling stiff. First I was upset thinking, setback again. But I quickly refocused and said, “I’m just tired from yesterday. It will feel better after I ice it.”

Yesterday was extraordinary. Aside from my maxed out session during therapy, I was also walking a lot doing errands the whole day. My son, Diego has been sick so I had to bring him to the doctor for a check-up. He was feeling so weak that he asked me to carry him. I know it was extra load on my knee but I really didn’t have a choice. I just thought, “hmmm….workout….hahahaha”. After, I moved around a little bit more to buy his medicines. Then, I dropped him home and went for my therapy. So, on hindsight, my knee has every reason to be tired.

But, it feels better now after the ice. I’m able to walk and do the stairs again painlessly. The stiffness is gone. I’m back on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hon, wow ocngratulations on your blog. so happy to hear of your progress and thanks for mentioning me. i will be back next week.