Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Verdict – October 18, 2007

Thursday came and as soon as George examined me, he immediately determined that it was a torn ACL. We went through a long discussion of what options I could take. He said that if I wanted to continue with my active lifestyle, he would recommend that I go through with the operation to repair the damage. I told him, that I definitely want to be able to still do my triathlon and play badminton as well. I just felt that even if I don’t do it on a competitive level, I’d still want to be able to set and achieve goals as I train and keep my fitness intact. That’s essentially how I train, I only recognize one competitor, myself. And in that sense, I still am looking to compete and succeed.

George added that if we operate, I can be back doing triathlon in 4 months and badminton in 6. I just put in my mind that for now these will be my new goals, my visible milestones. So with that, I decided, LET’S DO IT!!!

No comments: