Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Setback?

One pain though that bothered me more than others were these stabbing pains on my hamstrings. I’d stretch at night and it happens. I’d reach for something and I’d get it. I was so sure I re-injured myself. I said, oh no, that’s it, the road just became longer. I felt so low. I asked Marianna if she experienced this too. She said she did so I tried not to make it bother me. Although it got to a point were it hurt really bad that I decided to see George and ask him personally.

George explained that these were normal as my muscles are slowly moving back into position and as I am staring to use them again in therapy. He also explained, in detail, what he did in the operation. It was a real eye opener and it put me at ease. The great thing about my visit to George was his observation that my progress seemed really fast. He was so enthusiastic about it but was quick to warn me to follow everything that they tell me to do as much as not try anything I’m not allowed to do.

I’m ok with that. As far as I’m concerned, George saying that I’m really doing well and better that expected was more than what I needed. My morale is recharged and my motivation is back.

No comments: