Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Start of therapy – October 22, 2007

Tuesday, I went to see George in his clinic so he can check on me and change the dressing of my wounds. It actually went well as George noticed that I didn’t swell that much as such did not required to be aspirated. Apparently, most cases swell really bad that they needed to be aspirated with needles to drain their knees of fluids and blood. Thank GOD. Trade off to my not swelling though is this huge blister (as big as a bottle cap) that George popped. To this day, the mark it left is far bigger than any of the scars I sustained from the actual operation. Oh well, you can’t have everything.

Since, I didn’t have swelling, George asked if I wanted to start therapy already (I could have also started two days later). But I thought, why delay? Let’s get on with it because I was really set on achieving those milestones. I really wanted to get back already.

So we began our first set of exercises, which apparently was going to be my routine for the next three sessions (1st week of therapy). I actually did really well. I responded well and was able to perform the drills faster than expected. It made me realize though that what they were asking me to do were such simple leg and knee exercises. For example, I was only expected to bend my knee to 90 degrees 50 times. They were a far cry from the workouts I was used to but the effort level was comparable. I thought, this is going to be a long 4 months but at least I’m on my way.

No comments: